A collaboration between Department of Political Science & Department of Sociology and Social Work. Aalborg University
- To generate knowledge about the conditions and opportunities for organizational change and managerial innovation in the public sector from a national and international context.
- Recent organizational, administrative and management theory, especially neo-institutional theory, culture theory, theories of professionalization, inter-organizational network theory, theories of organizational change, decision-making theory.
- Basic and applied research on theoreticallybased and detailed studies of reforms and changes
- within and across the public sector.
Focus and normative contributions:
- Identification of public actors’ interpretations, disruptions between sectors, levels and professions’ rationalities and domains as well as changes in practices in connection with new ideas and models.
- Development of new organizational, management and administrative methods and models adapted to the public sector’s special characteristics: e.g. politicization, complexity and public sphere.